Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
- Remove the protective bandage from your tattoo when you
get home. DO NOT remove the bandage until you’re ready to wash.
- Using your clean hands, gently wash your tattoo thoroughly with
an UNSCENTED LIQUID ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP (i.e. Dial Gold, Softsoap, or H2Ocean Foaming Soap).
- Pat dry using a clean linen towel or a paper towel.
- Let the tattoo air dry for 10 minutes.
- Apply a very thin layer of an UNSCENTED, ALCOHOL FREE and COLOR free lotion (i.e. Lubriderm, H2Ocean Lotion).
- Repeat directions 1-6 twice a day for up to five days.
- After five days, as long as there is no scabbing, you may decrease washing to once a day. If you have any scabbing, DO NOT increase lotion use. It will make it worse.
- Make sure anything that could come in contact with your tattoo is clean.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, petroleum jelly, A+D ointment, or anything greasy/oily unless directed otherwise.
- DO NOT expose your new tattoo to direct sunlight for two weeks.
- DO NOT submerge your tattoo in liquid for two weeks.
- DO NOT get dirt or sand particles in your tattoo while it’s healing.
- DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO WHILE IT IS HEALING.
We do offer ONE free touch up after you have healed.
Please coordinate with your artist and the front counter for scheduling a touch up appointment.
If you need to contact us:
by phone: (321) 449-1011 or by email: email@example.com
Piercings Aftercare Instructions
- H2Ocean Piercing Aftercare spray or homemade sterile sea salt solution: 1/4 teaspoon of non- iodized sea salt to 8oz. cup of warm distilled water. Stronger mix is NOT better!
- Wash your hands with anti-bacterial soap and warm water. Soak or saturate your piercing with the sea salt solution for 5-10 minutes. Let the solution air dry.
- Dry by gently patting with clean gauze. If you use a towel, be very careful to not snag the piercing with the threading.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- Rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash after eating, drinking, or smoking. If mouthwash contains alcohol dilute it with water.
- When brushing your teeth gently brush the piercing to remove any plaque build-up.
- Rinse with a sea salt solution 2-3 times daily.
What is Normal
It is normal for your piercing to have some bleeding, bruising, tenderness and localized swelling. During healing you may see some discoloration or have itching. You may also have a yellowish-white discharge that hardens. This is called sebum and is a normal part of the healing process. Do not pick the crust off; the sea salt soak will soften them enough to wipe away.
Things to Avoid
- DO NOT USE Betadine, Iodine, Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Neosporine, bar soap, Bactine or Hibiclens.
- DO NOT PLAY with your piercing; No tugging, biting or pulling as this can introduce bacteria and keep the area swollen.
- DO NOT over clean your piercing. No more than 3 times a day.
- Keep pants, belts, jewelry, tight clothing, hair products and makeup off your new piercing.
- No rough play, oral contact or contact with other bodily fluids.
- Avoid swimming or soaking in unhygienic bodies of water (i.e. lakes, oceans, pools, hot tubs).
- Oral piercings should avoid alcohol, beer, spicy food and dairy products for at least 5-7 days. You may also want to avoid foods containing noodles.
DO NOT REMOVE your jewelry before the recommended time. Piercings can close in minutes even if you’ve had them for years. If you want to keep your piercing, keep the jewelry in.